Definitions and key terms
Cookie: small amount of data generated by a website and saved by your web browser. It is used to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preferences or login information.
- Country: where Vifto or the owners/founders of Vifto are based, in this case is Malta.
- Customer: refers to the company, organization or person that signs up to use the Vifto Service to manage the relationships with your consumers or service users.
- Device: any internet connected device such as a phone, tablet, computer or any other device that can be used to visit Vifto and use the services.
- IP address: Every device connected to the Internet is assigned a number known as an Internet protocol (IP) address. These numbers are usually assigned in geographic blocks. An IP address can often be used to identify the location from which a device is connecting to the Internet.
- Personnel: refers to those individuals who are employed by Vifto or are under contract to perform a service on behalf of one of the parties.
- Personal Data: any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information - including a personal identification number - allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
- Service: refers to the service provided by Vifto as described in the relative terms (if available) and on this platform.
- Third-party service: refers to advertisers, contest sponsors, promotional and marketing partners, and others who provide our content or whose products or services we think may interest you.
- Website: Vifto's site, which can be accessed via this URL: https://vifto.com
- You: a person or entity that is registered with Vifto to use the Services.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on your computer or other internet connected device in order to identify your browser, provide analytics, remember information about you such as your language preference or login information. They’re completely safe and can’t be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your device.
Why do we us cookies?
We use first party and/or third-party cookies on our platform for various purposes such as:
- To facilitate the operation and functionality of our platform;
- To improve your experience of our platform and make navigating around them quicker and easier;
- To allow us to make a bespoke user experience for you and for us to understand what is useful or of interest to you;
- To analyse how our platform is used and how best we can customize it;
- To identify future prospects and personalize marketing and sales interactions with it;
- To facilitate the tailoring of online advertising to your interests.
What type of cookies does Vifto use?
Cookies can either be session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires or you delet your cookies. Expiration dates are set in the cookies themselves; some may expeire after a few minutes while other may expiert after multiple years. Cookies placed by the website you’re visiting are called “first party cookies”.
Strictly Necessary cookies are nexessary for our platform to function and cannot be switched off in our systems. They are essential in order to enable you to navigate around the platform and use its features. If you remove or disable these cookies, we cannot guarantee that you will be able to use our platform.
We use the following types of cookies in our platform.
We use essential cookies to make our platform work. These cookies are strictly necessary to enable core functionality such as security, network management, your cookie preferences and accessibility. Without them you wouldn’t be able to use basic services. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the Websites function.
Performance and Functionality Cookies
These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our platform but are non-essential to their use. However, without these cookies, certain functionality like videos may become unavailable or you would be required to enter your login details every time the platform as we would not be able to remember that you had logged in previously.
These account-based marketing cookies enable us to identify future prospects and personalize sales and marketing interactions with them.
Analytics and Customization Cookies
These cookies collect information that is used to help us understand how our platform is being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our platform for you.
Social Media Cookies
These cookies are used when you share information using social media sharing button or “like” button on our Site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social networking website such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+. The social network will record that you have done this. These cookies may also include certain code that has been placed on the platform to help track conversations from ads, optimize ads based on collected data, build targeted audiences for future ads, and remarket to qualified users who already taken certain action on the platform.
Third Party Cookies
Some cookies that have been set on our platform are not set on a first party basis by Vifto. The Website can be embedded with content from third parties to serve advertising. These third-party providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. Third party services providers control many of the performance and functionality, advertising, marketing and analytics cookies described above. We do not control the use of these third-party cookies can only be accessed by the third party that originally set them.
How you can manage cookies?
Most browsers alloy you to control cookies through their ‘settings’ preferences. However, if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may worsen your overall user experience, since it will no longer be personalized to you. It may also stop you from saving customized settings like login information. Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products.
Browser manufacturers provide help pages relating to cookie management in their products. Please see below for more information.
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Mozilla Firefox
- Safari (Desktop)
- Safari (Mobile)
- Android Browser
- Opera Mobile
Blocking and disabling cookies and similar technologies
Whenever you’re located you may also set your browser to block cookies and similar technologies, but this action may block our essential cookies and prevent our website from functioning properly, and you may not be able to fully utilize all of its features and services. You should also be aware that you may also lose some saved information (e.g. saved login details, site preferences) if you block cookies on your browser. Different browsers make different controls available to you. Disabling a cookie or category of cookie does not delete the cookie from your browser, you will need to do this yourself from within your browser, you should visit your browser’s help menu for more information.